- What are the protections and guarantees in the Berkeley Regional Center EB-5 projects?
- Can I travel outside the U.S. after I receive my permanent residency?
- How many family members can immigrate through EB-5 investment?
- Is approval of my application for U.S. Citizenship after 5 years guaranteed?
- Is EB-5 a passive investment?
- How Long Should an EB-5 Investor Remain in the United States Each Year?
- If an investor has EB-5 visa and conditional green card, does he/she need to stay in the US for a minimum number of days in the first 2 years in order to gain a permanent green card? How about his/her dependents?
- What is a reentry permit?
- Can Adopted Children immigrate with me on EB-5?
- Accredited Investor
- For EB-5, What is Considered a Commercial Enterprise?
- Are there any nationality restrictions for EB-5 applicants?
- USCIS requires EB-5 investments to be “At-Risk”, so how do your projects have guarantees?
- What are the Investment Requirements for EB-5?
- Can an Investor Apply if They Have Been Rejected or Terminated in the Past by USCIS for a Previous Visa?
- May two or more investors qualify for immigration based upon a pooled investment in a single business?
- What is the I-526 Petition?
- There is a background check required for EB-5 investment, what information is USCIS concerned with?
- What Can Disqualify an Investor from Participating in the EB-5 Program?
- What is an EB-5 I-526 Petition?
- What is an I-829 Petition?
- What is a I-485 Petition
- What are the various forms and petitions for EB-5 investments?
- Targeted Employment Area
Source of Funds
- Can a Loan Be Used to Supplement My EB-5 Capital Investment?
- Can I use a Bank Loan?
- What documents need to be translated when filing the I-526 petition?
- Can I Use a Gift as My Source of Funds?
- Who can gift me funds for my $500,000 investment?
- Can I Use 401(k) funds for EB-5 Investment?
- What is the Source of Funds report?
- 5 Things EB-5 Investors Can Do Preparing for Their Source of Funds Report
- Partial Payments
- Job Creation
- Regional Center
- EB-2 / EB-3
What are the protections and guarantees in the Berkeley Regional Center EB-5 projects?
Below is a list of various protections and guarantees that Behring has offered in its EB-5 projects. Every project is different and the EB-5 investor should see each specific project’s offering documents for details.
I-526 Money Back Guarantee
This guarantee ensures that the EB-5 investors I-526 petition will be approved or the EB-5 investor is refunded 100% of their EB-5 capital and administrative fees.
Break Ground Guarantee
This guarantee permits that the project is fully funded and nothing but procedural items remain in order to start construction. The projects ownership and developer are committed to pushing forward and starting construction.
Construction Completion Guarantee
The Construction Completion Guarantee is when the project, it’s developer or it’s ownership guarantees that the project will be completed. It will not have risk of being partially built, abandoned or fail to finish it’s construction. This is a tremendous protection for EB-5 investors knowing that if their money comes out of escrow and is invested into the project, the asset that would be their security absolutely will be finished.
Indirect Job Creation Guarantee
The project guarantees that it has indirect job creation as its primary method to meet the investors minimum investment requirement. Indirect jobs are reliable, highly transparent and far less risky from a USCIS approval perspective. The Berkeley Regional Center EB-5 projects typically uses RIMS-II in it’s economic analysis to show sufficient job creation.
Corporate Repayment Guarantee
The Corporate Repayment Guarantee ensures that the EB-5 investor will be repaid at the end of the investment. The Corporate Repayment Guarantee typically is secured by the developer, their balance sheet or other assets that will ensure repayment of the EB-5 investors funds. Corporate Repayment Guarantees are likely only associated with loan style investments.